Who is a Field Sales Representative?
A field sales representative is someone who sells goods or services outside of the office or a formal team environment.
Responsibilities of a Field Sales Representative
- Meeting face-to-face with customers to discuss the company’s products or services.
- Regularly meeting with current clients, usually on their territory, in order to strengthen the relationship.
- Maintaining a record of all sales leads and customer information.
- Educate existing and potential customers about the product through demonstrations and tutorials.
- Attending conferences or trade shows as a way to build business connections and introduce the company’s products or services to potential clients.
Understanding the needs of a customer by observing competitors, latest products/services, and trends in the market.